Thursday, May 24, 2012

balance

So now that I've started my cross-training with weights, strengthening my core, and trying things outside of running, I've lost my balance.  I am now so focused on my "other", that I've left no time or energy for running.  I think the best thing I can do right now is to make a schedule (I know, I know, this isn't rocket science).  I need to put it on my calendars which days I'm going to run and which will be for "other".  Maybe if I put in there, I will MAKE myself stick to a balanced schedule.

My other balance problem is knowing when enough is enough.  I went to an hour-long weights class this last week, and the next day, I didn't really feel any pain or soreness from the class, so in my not-so-smart state of mind, I decided to go work out again.  Not a nice run, but weights, again... NO SMART!!!!  It's all about balancing.  Why didn't I just run you ask? Because.... I don't know...

So, now that I've *hopefully* learned my lesson, again, I'm going to be better about my scheduling of things.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment