Monday, May 7, 2012

Back





This last weekend was a roller-coaster of emotions.  Matt's grandma passed away a few weeks ago, and May 5th was her birthday, so they decided to celebrate her life on that special day.  Family and friends gathered and we had a wonderful celebration of Virginia.  We all drank margaritas (her favorite), and had Mexican food (yay for it also being cinqo de mayo).   She loved life, and lived a very good one.  It is sad that she is gone, but she left an amazing legacy behind.  She will be very missed.  It was so wonderful to see family, and get together, but the circumstances weren't choice.  Sunday, we got to spend about 4 hours going through storage units, moving stuff around and helping Matt's parents with all of the really crappy parts of taking care of Virginia's belongings.  I'm glad that I was able to meet her, and some more of her family, and that I was there to help, but I'm also glad that weekend is over.


On a little bit more positive note: I'm back!  I feel like a runner again, finally.  I kicked some butt today on hills, and felt so good afterwards, that I kept going.  I kept a really good pace for every part of my run except for the hill, but that's ok.  My new shoes are amazing, and they are so much easier to run in.  I don't feel clumsy anymore (most of the time, the other times are just because I AM clumsy).  I don't feel like I'm being weighed-down and I don't feel as heavy I was feeling.  This is good.


The plan is: I will run when I can.  On Tuesdays (when I'm not working), I'll go to a group fit class, and then Thursdays, I'll go to spinning.  I'll go to Zumba when I can.  I'm going to take this runner, and turn her into an athlete.  I know that this will only help me become a better runner, and I'll be a lot healthier too.  I think the hardest part of this is going to slowing down when I need to.  I tend to get carried away sometimes.  


Here is to running, and being healthy and happy, and to getting married in 3 months!  


Favorite song of my run today? Dog Days by Florence and the Machines.


D

No comments:

Post a Comment