Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cross Training

Yesterday was my first day of cross training, and I decided to join a friend at the gym for a body pump class. That wasn't the technical name for the class, but that's what it was.  We started off with some squats, then lunges (around the entire parking lot), then some abs, and finished with some arms/shoulders/back.  This was an hour of weights.  I was shaking after about 15 minutes of this class.  Think you are in shape?  Take a pump class, you'll learn better.

Today, I'm sore.  Not like last night though.  Last night after the class, I didn't have the strength to lift my fork, or my cup of water.  I was on the floor, and tried to stand up, but fell over.  My lovely fiance just laughed and shook his head.  Today, I feel sore, but not fatigued, which is good.  I'm going to do an easy run today and not push too hard.  Tomorrow, I pick it up a bit.  I don't want to over-do it and hurt myself, but I want to keep working out.  

I swear I can already see a difference in my core (ok, in reality, probably not, but I like to tell myself I can).

So here's to a perky ass, tight abs, and beautiful arms and toned back! *clink*

D

No comments:

Post a Comment