Friday, April 27, 2012

I Work Out!

I joined a gym! I've known that cross-training is vital to getting to my best with running.  I'm not a huge fan of weights, in fact, they kind of scare the shit outta me.  Part of the problem is that I am not comfortable using them in public because I don't want to look like a wuss, or idiot for not knowing what the H-E-doublehockeyssticks I am doing.  I know everyone has a starting point, I just feel like this is one area I'm slacking, big time!


So... I'm going to go to some fun classes with a gal from work, and I'm going to take advantage of the free 30 min intro with a trainer. I'm not bringing in enough dough to be able to pay for a fun trainer, and several reoccurring sessions, so I'll have to take what I can get.  I'm excited to have someone that I can take classes with so I won't feel so silly all alone... I'll someone else to laugh at me :)


So that's the latest.  I'm not going running until I get new shoes, because every time I've run in the last month, my shins and ankles have hurt quite bad.  I'm going to listen to my body and make the changes I need to make in order to keep myself from injury.


Here's to hoping the gym works for me, and that soon, I'll be rocking the weights (I promise that I won't point and laugh at the others that are starting out and totally not knowing what they are doing).


D

No comments:

Post a Comment